It has been awhile since i posted something in here. Oh boy i almost forgot this blog of mine. Anyway, i miss this beef caldereta because my mom cook this one and serve to the family. I know most of the Filipino love this so here is the recipe.
1. 1/2 cup tomato paste
2. 1 cup bell pepper, cut into strips
3. 2 pounds beef, cubed
4. 1 medium onion, chopped
5. 2/3 cup liver, spread
6. 1 cup tomato sauce
7. 1 cup grated cheese
8. 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
9. 3-4 cups water
10. 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
11. 1 garlic clove, crushed
12. 3 large bay leaves
13. salt and pepper
14. 2 medium carrots, sliced
15. 3 medium potatoes, sliced
1. Boil beef until tender, in the water to make a nice beef broth. Add pineapple juice and onion.
2. In a separate pan saute garlic until almost brown. Add to beef and broth.
3. Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and allow to simmer for ten minutes
4. Add bay leaves, bell pepper, carrots and potatoes
5. Simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender, then add cheese and salt and pepper to taste
6. Add optional Tabasco sauce
7. Cook until cheese is melted, stir.
8. Remove bay leaves.
9. Add water if the mixture is too thick
10. Serve hot on individual servings of a bed of cooked rice